Editing Your Database
When uploading contacts in bulk, there are several steps that should be taken in order for the database to add your new contacts correctly.
- Happy Grasshopper will only include fields for First Name, Last Name, Email, and Phone Number information. Any additional information that is within the file will not be uploaded.
- At the top of your contact spreadsheet, the first row must contain the subject of what is being uploaded. (See image below for reference.) Since that row will have no actual contact’s information, when the database is uploaded, the first row will be excluded from that upload.
- All the information should be created into separate columns. All first names must be in one column, as well as the last name, email, and phone number in their own, separate columns.
- Be sure that all names are spelled correctly and in the proper format, as you will be addressing each person exactly how this First Name information is entered.
- Only one email can be added per person. If you would like to acknowledge two people from that email, you can add both names under the First Name column. The best way to add that name would be, for example: John & Jane.
Once you have cleaned up your database and are ready to save, you will need to save the file as a .csv (Windows Comma Separated), or an .xlxs (Excel) file.
Voila! You are now ready to upload your database!
Pro Tip: Remember to always add a tag to the database when you are uploading your file. Our system sends based on a tagging system, so every contact must have a tag in order for them to receive a message.